JanusVR - The World Inside the Web.
JanusVR combines the power of the internet with the potential of virtual reality.
Websites become immersive spaces linked by portals, where users can explore, collaborate and create content on a platform that builds upon the open internet.
The JanusVR client re-imagines internet browsing as an immersive experience, optimized for VR, AR and traditional 2D displays. JanusVR presently supports the Oculus Rift, HTC/Valve Vive, Leap Motion and other I/O devices.
The JanusVR server enables user presence through customizable avatars for collaborative creation, chat, talk and interaction.
JanusVR enriches current HTML websites using JanusVR Markup Language that can be hosted anywhere on the web. Websites are multi-dimensional immersive spaces interconnected to each other by portals.
The free and open immersive internet in JanusVR has a thriving community with an ever growing number of viewers, developers and websites. Join us!
Download - (Version 52.1) (changelog)
Extras:Frequently Asked Questions Tips and Tricks for Janus users new and old!
Helpful Tools for Developers
- FireVR - A Blender to JanusVR exporter w/auto IPFS publishing
- Sketchup2Room - Sketchup to JanusVR exporter
- Unity to JanusVR - Export Unity scenes as JanusVR Markup Language
- Unreal to JanusVR - Export Unreal scenes as JanusVR Markup Language
- Maya to JanusVR - Export Maya scenes as JanusVR Markup Language
Press and MediaThe JanusVR crew has been all over the place talking about the future of VR and the web! Below are some instances of JanusVR in the press. If you need a logo for an article, head over to our logo gallery.
- Metaverse Lab - Alusion's cool experiments over at hackaday.io.
- The Fight for the Metaverse - An older article, although very interesting article.
- A Visit from Vinny - The Vinesauce crew drop by. Hilarious stuff.
- Building the Metaverse from Today's Web - JanusVR and the Leap Motion folks talk about the Metaverse.
- Don't Click That Link, Walk Through That Door! - A writeup about JanusVR in the University of Toronto Magazine.
- Checking Out JanusVR - VRGamerdude pops in and checks out JanusVR (circa May 2015).